THE GREEN LIZARD FOUNDATION
Share the Love, Enjoy the Ride
After many years of supporting local causes, such as sponsoring local sports teams, donating to the arts, and providing the resources to youth interested in cycling, Dave and Beth Meyer, owners of the Green Lizard Cycling, Coffee & Beer, decided they wanted to expand their efforts to improve their community.
In the fall of 2019, The Green Lizard Foundation was born.
The Green Lizard Foundation was founded on the principle that every young person should have the
ability to lead a healthy, active lifestyle regardless of his or her financial circumstances. The Green Lizard
Foundation’s focus is improving the lives of local families by bringing the health benefits of exercise
and proper nutrition to the underserved youth of our community.
We strive to meet our mission by:
• Encouraging healthier living by supporting recreation, exercise, and nutrition
• Donating to local food banks and supporting nutrition programs
• Providing the underserved youth population with free/low-cost bicycles, parts, and repairs
Since 2019 TGLF has:
• Distributed more than 100 fully refurbished and brand-new bikes, bike locks and brand-new helmets.
• Sponsored Hutchison Elementary Running Club for the annual Herndon Turkey Trot.
• Donated $2,700+ in gift cards for school counselors to distribute to students in need.
• Donated $5,500 to local food banks.
• Donated $1,500 to the Erin Peterson Scholarship Fund.
• Provided practice jerseys to the Herndon Hornets men’s basketball program.
• Worked in coordination with the fantastic coaches, counselors, advisors, and teachers at Herndon High School to get bikes to older kids in the community that needed transportation to get to their part-time jobs, get groceries for their families and enable them to participate in extra-curricular activities.
Providing for the nutritional needs of youth in our community.
The Green Lizard Foundation partners with many local organizations, food banks, and schools to make sure our local youth don’t have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, they can focus on leading healthy, fulfilling lives, and maximizing their potential.
ATHLETIC ACTIVITY SPONSORSHIP
Providing sponsorship for local teams and clubs.
The Green Lizard Foundation wants to make sure all local children have the opportunity to participate in physical activities such as local races and sports teams, regardless of their financial circumstance.
EQUIPMENT AND TRAINING
Teaching about Cycling
Cycling is one of the core passions of the foundation and its supporters. It wishes not only to promote the sport by sponsoring events, but making sure anyone who wishes to take part in it is to by donating bikes, helmets, and providing classes on proper maintenance.
At The Green Lizard Foundation has had a busy fall.
We see every challenge as an opportunity, and this initiative helps us ensure that our partners are better prepared to manage the unique situations they find themselves in. We are invested in an innovative approach that empowers our community and delivers the support they need, when they need it.
Through our Support Services, we have the potential to make a real and positive change in the community. This is one of our key areas of focus here at The Green Lizard Foundation, and a source of much success for our Local Business. Get in touch with us today and see how you can lend a helping hand with this program.